What's the difference between Taekwondo and Karate?
- Taekwondo emphasizes more kicking techniques, while Karate focuses more on hand strikes.
- Taekwondo originated in Korea, while Karate comes from Japan.
- Tae Kwon Do is an official Olympic sport.
How to choose?
If you are trying to decide between a Tae Kwon Do or a Karate school, keep in mind the following:
- What is the quality of the instruction?
- What does the facility look like?
- What is the atmosphere like?
- How does the class schedule work?
- Where are they located?
- Other factors?
These questions and answers may (and sometimes should) be more important in deciding which form of martial arts to study.
And remember that although websites and phone conversations can be useful, it's also a good idea to visit the schools you are trying to choose between.
Are you located in the Atlanta, GA area?
See what a big difference martial arts classes at
Master Shim's Tae Kwon Do can make.
Try our Martial Arts Trial Program.
We promise you'll find Tae Kwon Do to be
one of the best decisions you'll ever make.